Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Little World

Before I sign off for a few days, I thought you all might appreciate a an overview of my home life here in Quito. Below is a picture of my house mother, Graciela, and my reflection in the living area where I take breakfast and supper. Below that is a picture of my digs.
I usually get home around seven o´clock for supper after completing my rotations and classes and internets for the day. Today was unique in that I was able to have two rotations-- my usual morning one (for this week) in the Skin Clinic and an afternoon one at the Maternity Hospital. After supper and the post-meal conversation, I usually spend a quiet evening reading, studying Spanish, and contemplating the past day and the day to come-- truly sweet hours of reflection. As a result, God has given me a lot of clarity about how to conduct myself in my little world, and my continued prayer is that I would have more gentleness and sensitivity.
My thought for you all tonight, dear readership, is that you would remeber that your world is a tiny and delicate thing, much like the baby girl I saw delivered this afternoon. So take a lot of care and put much thought into how you conduct yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment